Friday, February 18, 2011

Stretched to new measures of faith

Psalms 55:22: Cast your burden on the LORD,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.

I had just been praying about wether or not I should leave intro to ihop to return to the marketplace due to certain financial circumstances. I literally had to have the conversation with my wife of wether or not we would be getting gas or groceries. In an attempt to clear my mind I drive out to the woods to do some shed hunting. As I arrive I noticed a deer stuck in the fence. I called the game warden to get some help to release this deer and he shows up a little later. We get the deer free but notice that as it tries to run off it drags it's back leg. The deer had broken it's leg trying to free itself. The game warden gave me permission to harvest the deer due to it's impossible chance of survival. I harvest the deer, take the meat home, and begin the process of butchering the deer. As I'm butchering the deer the Lord clearly says the name Abraham to me. I sat there confused as to why on Earth He would say that. It suddenly dawns on me that God wasn't going to have me sacrifice my internship, he was going to provide without a doubt. Just like the ram was in the bush, he gave me a deer stuck in a fence. The symbolism of this moved my heart in such a way that is simply indescribable. I'm reeling over how much God just wants us to trust Him. I challenge you to ask God for a need, any need. Just don't be so blind to His goodness that you don't recognize it when he takes care of that need.

2 comments: